DESERT ORACLE: Spring 2016 (44 pages):
- “The Elusive Gila Monster of California,” by R. Castle Thomson.
- “A Saguaro Called ‘Big Fella,'” by Doc Daniels.
- “The Royal Palace of Wonder Valley,” by Laura Sibley.
- “From Hozhoni To Roswell: An Alien Road Trip With Robert Zappanti, the Magic Painter,” by Bobby Carlson.
- “Shamans of the Desert,” by Nicholas Clapp.
- PLUS: Gambel’s quail, Twin Peaks in the Mojave, a “UFO” retrieved in Northern Arizona, and other miscellaneous & curious items from “Around and Across These Desert Lands”
DESERT ORACLE: Winter 2015 (44 pages):
- “The Known Unknown: Tales of Desert Sasquatch.”
- “Why Mountains Matter,” by Doc Daniels
- “Night of the Manson Man,” by Ruth Nolan
- “The Governor’s Alien: Mass Panic and the Phoenix Lights”
- “Intimate Silence of the Desert,” by the Rev. Jim Burklo
- “Free Calls To God (and Wells Fargo)”
- PLUS: Great horned owls, UFO hotspots, the Integratron, Winslow, the Cima Store, and other miscellaneous & curious items from “Around and Across These Desert Lands”
DESERT ORACLE: Autumn 2015 (44 pages):
- “William S. Burroughs At the A-Bomb Boarding School.”
- “Living With Scorpions,” by Doc Daniels
- “Ancient Clones of the Mojave,” by Chris Clarke
- “Minerva Hamilton Hoyt: Apostle of the Cacti”
- “Letter From Marfa: Fire & Ruins,” by Rachel Monroe
- “Marty Robbins and His Long Desert Trail From Phoenix To El Paso”
- PLUS: Desert centipedes, flash floods, train travel to New Mexico a century ago, ravens and other desert critters by artist Karine Swenson, and miscellaneous & curious items from “Around and Across These Desert Lands”
DESERT ORACLE: Summer 2015 (44 pages):
- “Edward Abbey’s Southwest: A Field Guide”
- “Desert Madness With the Late, Great Mojave Phone Booth,” by Doc Daniels
- “Finding Your Desert Refuge At the County Tax Auction,” by John R. Connolly
- “A New Performer Takes the Stage At Death Valley Junction”
- “Burrowing Owls and Vanishing Fences,” by Jay Babcock
- “When Astronauts Roamed the Western Deserts”
- PLUS: Desert retreats and acreage, miner’s cats, Teresa Sitz on desert rats, a new iconic caricature of Ed Abbey by Mike Caplanis, Elko’s Cowboy Poetry Gathering, aliens at the Little A’Le’Inn, and other miscellaneous & curious items from “Around and Across These Desert Lands”
Our First Issue!
DESERT ORACLE: Spring 2015 (44 pages):
- “When Tatooine Was Death Valley”
- “Dr. Jaeger’s Hibernating Bird”
- “Picacho: The Arizona Town That Vanished,” by Doc Daniels
- “Art Bell and the Lost Kingdom of Nye”
- “Homesteading In Joshua Tree,” by Jay Babcock
- “Desert Trailers and Hippie Hot Springs In Nevada of the 1970s,” by Ben Sullivan
- PLUS: Desert retreats and acreage, horned lizards, Mary Austin, art by Drew Reese, desert survival, a Sasquatch warning in the Eastern Sierra, Zane Grey, and miscellaneous curious items from “Around and Across These Desert Lands”
Subscribe today and get the very first issue of the DESERT ORACLE! Here’s a look at some pages from our inaugural issue:
THE DESERT ORACLE IS ALSO ON: